R190 - Save/Load state, restart layout bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
State Machine
$10.99 USD
State Machine is a great tool for managing the state of anything in your game.
  • Problem Description

Save a loaded save state (Save -> Load -> Save the loaded state -> Load) and call "Restart Layout" will cause object created using "Spawn another object" action to be messed up.

*If "Restart Layout" is not called, error will not occur.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd4hpqax5p6nt ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Capx shows the problem created by "Spawn another object" action VS "Create object" action. At the start, text on the left, in the yellow box was created using "Spawn another object" whereas, text on the right, was created using "Create Object". Each text was numbered 1-3.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the project at "Login" layout (Shortcut key, F4).
    • Click on the red "Save" box.
    • When the text at the top contained "-Saved-,", refresh the browser page or re-run the layout.
    • Now the text at the top should show "-Loaded-,-Restarted-,". Saved it again.
    • When the text at the top contained "-Saved-,", refresh the page.
    • At this point, the text, on the left in the yellow box, created using "Spawn another object" messes up.

Observed Result

All text created using "Spawn another object" was set to the same text.

Expected Result

All text created should be set according to their number.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium, SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

R190

• Is this problem the same that forced me to do this: (?)

There ar enaimals on the layout, one of them spawn "dung" using "spawn another object", and then dung sets it's "dry" variable to 100

In order to avoid the game picking ALL the dung on the layout and set the variable to 100 for all, instead of only the one which is just created, i need to add another event "pick dung nearest to animal".

When using the "create object" action, i dont need the other event, and it just picks the dung just created.

• I can't see any problem, I followed your steps to reproduce and every time the text looks identical. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong. Did I miss something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've put the steps in a pdf. Try following it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eiqhmo85nfl3m ... g.pdf?dl=0

• Ashley

c4sp3r89

I made another Report with CAPX which should work better, give a look ->

• After fixing https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=120484 (which sounds related - issue with spawning after loading a savegame), I can't reproduce this any more, so it looks like it was the same issue. Closing for now, let me know if any issue persists after r193.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)