[r174] Multiplayer - Sync object does not create Containers

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Problem Description

When using Multiplayer Sync action with a Container object, contained objects are not created on the peers side.

Attach a Capx

onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=39A2487877002126!2573&authkey=!AFSLnxlfMWYsfJk&ithint=file%2c.capx

Description of Capx

Open the Capx

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open the Capx
    • Runs on 2 tabs

Observed Result

On the first tab, a blue circle with a green circle inside is created

On the second tab, only the blue circle is created

Expected Result

On both tabs, a blue circle with a green circle inside must be created

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: ?

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

r174

• I have the exact same bug, it affects really badly my project design

• OP. You might want to do some more studying on how the MP works. It doesn't look like so much a bug, but lack of primary network development.

The container is creating both objects. However based on our design logic there are flaws.

1. The host only creates 1 Container set(ie both sprites)

2. The client creates 2 Container sets. The blue sprite is covering the first one and the green sprite is -1000,-1000. This results in the look that the green sprite isn't being spawned.

Seriously while c2 MP plugin I think is the easiest. You both might want to consider going through the tutorials of just C2 core learning tuts. Rather than jumping into the MP.

*here are some stuff

*You don't sync objects to peers

*there is no peer tracking

*don't assume that containers fall into a shape. Assume they are off screen. So always make sure to set there position.

* since the client get's 2 instances and the host gets 1 instance of your object your not handling peer connections.

I get the feeling there is a lot of guess work going on in this MP capx. I don't see a bug. Just not a solid logic flow and proper use of the MP plugin or C2 moderate functionality.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • jayderyu thanks for your reply

I think you're not getting the point of my bug report, I wanted to create the least amount of events, so no I'm not doing peers sync/tracking/whatever

Indeed the synced object is created at (-1000, -1000) but on the host side is created at the origin point and not on peer side? the behavior is different, don't you think it's not a bug?

• Closing as not a bug. You only sync one of the objects, so the other object in the container will be created, but not synced.

• Ashley

Thanks for your answer, I spot this line in the multiplayer login code

inst = this.runtime.createInstance(type, this.runtime.running_layout.layers[type.default_layerindex], -1000, -1000);
    [/code:3lkkc4da]
    It makes sense now, the object is created at -1000, -1000 with contained objects.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)