R170 - Twitter button issues on Crosswalk Build

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
15 main themes, 15 in-game loops and 26 music stingers for casual games.
  • Problem Description

A couple issues, the first was with R169, after pressing the Twitter button on an Android device it would open Twitter in Full Screen and you can not go back or close without ending the task. Maybe the 'Open In New Window fix' (introduced in R169) could be applied in this case for Twitter?

I wanted to test the above issue with R170 build but now the Twitter button is not displaying on Android OS Crosswalk build at all.

Apologies if this is not a bug!

Attach a Capx

Just a blank empty capx project with twitter plugin added.

Description of Capx

twitter button added

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Start New Project -> Blank Empty Project
    • Step 2 Insert new object -> Twitter button
    • Step 3 Leave Twitter Properties as Default (including Initial Visibility: 'Visible')
    • Step 4 Place on layout anywhere
    • Step 5 Open Intel XDK (build 0876) -> Start New Project
    • Step 6 Save C2 Project then Export using Android (leaving default export options)
    • Step 7 Refreshed File Tree in Intel XDK -> Go to Emulate Tab -> Noticed no Twitter Button
    • Step 8 Build using Crosswalk for Android
    • Step 9 Test the ARM Build on Android device -> Noticed no Twitter button

Observed Result

No Twitter button displayed on Intel XDK Emulate or Crosswalk for Android (ARM) Build

Expected Result

Twitter button displayed.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)
    • Only on Intel XDK emulate and Android OS (S3 with 4.3)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

R170 64-bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The button appears for me in the Crosswalk player app in preview-over-wifi, but pressing the button navigates to Twitter inside the app itself, replacing the game. That's not very helpful. I've tried hacking it to open a window the same way the Browser object does, but the Twitter API does something different that I can't figure out.

I think the easiest thing to do is just make your own ordinary button and use the Browser object's 'Open URL' action to open your feed's page on Twitter so the user can do whatever they want from there.

• Thanks Ashley.

I've used these two tutorials to overcome this for Twitter and Facebook, if anyone else experiences this issue too:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/908/fa ... php?page=2

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/927/tw ... ser-object

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)