r166 Node-Webkit Fullscreen

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Problem Description

After canceling fullscreen game window is shifted toward bottom right corner leaving big and blank area.

Description of Capx

(Concise description of what this CapX does) Never know what to write in here heh.

Capx switches between fullscreen using Keyboard and Browser plugins?!

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Preview
    • Press F12 to go to full screen
    • Press F12 again to cancel fullscreen

Observed Result

Attached images describe it better.

Happens in all Request fullscreen Modes (Center, integer....)

Expected Result

Game window should not offset

Affected Browsers

• Just Node-Webkit

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 64b SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

r166

• mmm yeah it seems quite weird in fact, have you tested this before r166, did it happened with r165??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • many f__kin bug C2 with nodewebkit

• Closing as won't fix: 'Off' for fullscreen mode isn't supported in node-webkit. There's no point using it anyway, just switch to letterbox scale and it works.

• What you mean there's no point? You are saying that if in my game I press "Request fullscreen - whatever" I can not go back from fullscreen to window mode?

Cause I can clearly see that using "Browser: Cancel fullscreen" works properly - only issue is it moves "games area" to a different position.

And how setting it to letterbox scale helps anyway?

• What you mean there's no point? You are saying that if in my game I press "Request fullscreen - whatever" I can not go back from fullscreen to window mode?

Cause I can clearly see that using "Browser: Cancel fullscreen" works properly - only issue is it moves "games area" to a different position.

And how setting it to letterbox scale helps anyway?

I think ashley meant that your project settings involved fullscreen in browser:off instead of letterbox scale

Just a though as I am not in C2 right now

• I don't want to scale anything. I just want to switch between window and fullscreen.

• I see now, you can achieve what you want I think by using "Set canvas Size to WindowWitdh x WindowHeight" just after quitting fullscreen (which will force the replacement back to it's normal position).

I can see why people can find it weird that you want that effect, since the fullscreen is adding borders in that case rather than using more space on the screen (which will also imply that on a screen resolution much different, the game will be too large or too small to be visible as it should). But you can do it as I've explained with the set canvas size if I am right.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)