[r142] Use Mouse Input Issue

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • First I don't know if it's really a bug since I don't really know if it's expected or not.

But at least I think it should be mentionned in the documentation.

The problem is that if you use the touch plugin and you leave the Use mouse input to yes, in Xperia/Android 4.1.2 (and possibly others) you'll get 2 touch input for every touch:

• one for the touch itself
    • and one from the mouse event.

And since it's asynchronous you can't even block the second one with some variables check.

I think that ideally the plugin should handle such thing, but if it's not possible or too ugly to do (like checking for phone/OS versions), it should be at least written in the documentation that leaving the Use mouse input to yes is bad practice.

Maybe also it could be interesting to have three option "Use mouse input: No|Previous only|Always"

Anyway, here's the proper report.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use the touch plugin

2. Leave the Use Mouse Input to Yes

3. Build an APK in phonegap

Observed result:

One fast touch triggers two touch start and end events

Expected result:

Only one touch start and end events

Browsers affected:

APK from Phonegap

Operating system & service pack:

Xperia with Android 4.1.2

Construct 2 version:

r142

• It's a bug in the browser engine, not C2. It's also possible to attach mouse devices to Android, so if we automatically ignore mouse input on mobile, we'll also break mouse devices. So we can't easily work around it either. The best workaround is to manually switch this option off.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley ok got it thanks =)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)