[r125] Project Corrupted

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/t1xv922wxnvaig3/PORRA.zip

I can't send the .capx file because I can't created anymore(read my problem) So i'm sending my project in a .zip file.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Try to run my project

2. Try export

3. Many things were gone. Pretty much all my project. Sometimes some images show, sometimes none. It just everything gone!!!

Observed result:

I exported my project to show to my friends how the game was doing. Than it exported just fine, you can see it here: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8017129/folclore%20brasil/index.html

But I exported again, and luckily put in a different place. That's when almost everything was gone. Check here: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8017129/testando/index.html

Than I tried to save my project, and export again with another name to see. Same problem over and over again. I was afraid of closing my project and lose all my images, events and so on. But I had to do it. I tried to save only the .capx file, the all project, export to different places and none of those alternatives worked. Now I can't even open my project like it used to be. Check the image below to see what message I get every time I try to open my project.

i.imgur.com/Ptj906p.png

Expected result:

I should be able to open my project normally with all images, objects, events and etc. I really don't know what to do now.

Browsers affected:

ALL OF THEM

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Construct 2 version:

Beta release r125

This problem is really annoying. I was with a lot of events already and probably soon had to buy the paid version. I'm just so frustrated.. i hope there is a way back of this, because even my backup on Dropbox was updated for this corrupted version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Luckily I could go to Dropbox and restore my previous project before corrupting(Thank you, Dropbox! Love ya!)

So my problem is solved, but I will leave it here to let Scirra know about this problem. It's really critical.

A BIG thanks to ArmandoToda who reminded me about restoring files and folders on Dropbox o/

• Another good habit is to regularly save your project as incremented file names in case you add something that breaks the game, or something like this happens.

Glad you got everything back though! :)

~Sol

• We can't do anything about this with a report like this. We need to know exactly how the project got corrupted. These days it's more common that users accidentally delete files, the storage hardware is failing, or some synchronisation/source control was mishandled. Unless you can categorically rule these out and provide the steps that caused C2 to corrupt a project, this can't be investigated further.

Note C2 has built-in backup features.

• That's the thing, ASHLEY. I didn't do anything like that. Probably what happened was synchronisation/source control mishandled than. Because all I did was save the project as usual.

Thanks for the tip about the backups though, I'm going to use now ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)