on start of layout works before second tick

0 favourites
  • also I do remember similar bug in construct classic, kinda like the every X ms precision bug :)

Sorry, I should have quoted what I was referring to. The every x ms imprecision in CC wasn't a bug.

• > also I do remember similar bug in construct classic, kinda like the every X ms precision bug :)

Sorry, I should have quoted what I was referring to. The every x ms imprecision in CC wasn't a bug.

we're talking about two differend things :) the one you're talking about I agree it wasn't a bug, but what I meant was the bug that also occured in C2 up until 78. If you made two events:

every 1000ms do something

every 50000ms do something different

the two events should fire in the same frame after 50000ms. the bug was causing the first event to fire quite earlier as it drifted off accuracy every time it was run.

hope I explained it now :)

cheers! and back to the topic please :)

• I can't reproduce any issue - I don't see the object flash. However in the code I noticed when you change layout it goes:

On start of layout -> tick behaviors -> run events -> draw

I've changed this to

tick behaviors (old layout) -> On start of layout (new layout) -> run events -> draw

for the next build which I think should resolve the issue. 'On start of layout' definitely runs before *anything* else, before any events and before any drawing, so I don't know why you'd see the sprite flash for a tick.

• I let myself send you a quick and short PM with some files that I didn't want to see the public light :)

also, which may help you, actually every event in the game seem to run after the draw (maybe that will be corrected by your recent change, you wrote about, dunno), objects that have "on collision -> destroy" can be seen in one frame colliding / overlapping and in the next one they get destroy, when they clearly should in the first one :)

cheers and thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ranma

In your first capx if you hide the locked sprite at the same time as destroying it you won't see it flash. When destroying a sprite it is not destroyed till the beginning of the next frame, so that is probably why you see it flash.

• yes, Ashley already clarified this was a problem with destroy action that should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)