NWJS not completely closing when exiting app

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

- please provide a minimal repro if you can - see the FAQ for info on how to get there if you can't reproduce in a new project.

Ashley, I posted it here in this thread, sorry if it wasn't in the bug sections, my bad.

At almost the bottom of the page.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166653

It happens to my project as well, but it's inconsistent.

Sometimes after closing my project, running r220 on nw.js 0.13 beta 2, there is a left over process that uses about 270mb of ram. This is kind of a major issue for me, as it causes steam to think the game is still running, and cannot be opened again until the process has been ended.

I'm going to roll back to alpha 7 to see if the issue persists.

Me too, my PC started to work slow and when i checked... more than 30 nw.exe in the admin tasks on WIn7, and i have 16gb of ram so imagine

SO = Win7

C2 Version: Construct 2 r220

NW.js Version: v0.13.0 beta 3 (Chromium 47) [Requires r217+] - 13th January 2016

Bought from the Scirra webpage no Steam.

To reproduce it is simple, I press F4 to execute the project using NW.js and then i press ESC to exit using an event for it using the BROWSER->Close. SO every time i made this action a nw.exe is created and after close the app the nw.exe i still running.

Same here in preview mode on 2 different computers with the same setup.

Win7

R220 and NW.js 0.13.0 beta 2.

Strangely, no issue on the exported version.

Is beta3 any different? (Available here: https://www.scirra.com/nwjs)

That includes "Fix: nwjs Helper process not closed (#4118)" which sounds like it may be related. I want to get a stable release out soon and I'm pretty sure this is a NW.js issue, and we can update NW.js independently of C2 releases. So I may go ahead and do a stable update despite this issue, and hopefully the next version or two of NW.js will fix it.

That includes "Fix: nwjs Helper process not closed (#4118)" which sounds like it may be related. I want to get a stable release out soon and I'm pretty sure this is a NW.js issue, and we can update NW.js independently of C2 releases. So I may go ahead and do a stable update despite this issue, and hopefully the next version or two of NW.js will fix it.

As i said in the previous post and a minutes ago on twitter i'm using the last version of C2 and NW.js (the Beta3) and still have the same problem :S .

I can confirm that the nw.exe still hangs around after the game is closed in beta3. This is especially bad on steam as the game's status reads as still running in the steam library. Sometimes I forget to end the process and have about 8 nw.exe processes taking up around 450mb of memory each!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I've noticed that the nw.exe doesn't remain if I exit the game from the first layout, but once the layout has changed at least once, it remains when closed.

Yep, I'm getting ghost processes in beta 3 as well.

Can I just ask if all you guys reporting the ghost processes are using the Steam version?

Not, i bought from the scirra store

Mine is from the Scirra site as well

Scirra version.

Scirra version and same issues.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)