NW.JS Disappeared and will not re-open (r219)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

Working on my projects as usual and loaded NW but when I went to right click on my game, it right-clicked on the NW window. In a flash I saw a menu pop-up and all I could read was 'reload-app' but it seemed there were other options and when I let go of right-click, I must have clicked one of them. Now I cannot load nw.js at all when I preview my game! I exported to NW.js to see if this would run and it still won't even load the window! I re-installed nw.js (newest version for newest beta build) and still nothing... thougts? ____

Attach a Capx

None to post, it's an exporting issue.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run your project in NW.JS
    • Right click on the window itself and see what options pop up
    • Assuming there is more than the 'reload app' please let me know what options are there and if I can reverse this!

Observed Result

I can no longer even use NW.JS for playing or exporting my game!

Expected Result

The window to pop up!

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 Pro

Construct 2 Version ID

Beta r219

• Try the latest version of NW.js

http://dl.nwjs.io/live-build/12-29-2015 ... 3.0-beta1/

• Danwood No luck there :/ I must have hid the NW window from showing up somehow? I'm going to try reverting and see if it fixes but what a strange thing to happen!

• Danwood I created some new projects and I got it to work but the project that I was using still won't start NW.JS which is super strange! Any thoughts?

• Try removing the NW object from your project and see if it was causing the issue? I have no idea otherwise, seems strange, but it's probably a minor thing.

• Wait.. maybe you're running NW, try ctrl+alt+canc and see if there's NW.exe running, and shut it down.

• I actually managed to reproduce this in the end on alpha7: if you choose the "reload app" option it permanently breaks the app! It appears to corrupt the app data, which you can fix by going to AppData\Local and deleting the folder with the name of the project, or renaming the project (so it uses a different folder). I just released beta2 though and I can't reproduce there, so I guess it was an NW.js issue that was fixed. Can you confirm it does not happen again in beta2?

• Ashely, how do I get the reload app window to pop up? I couldn't even get it to reproduce that. Also, I know this isn't the post for it but are you aware of debug not working at all for NW.JS?

• Debug is fixed in the next build. You can get the "reload app" menu to appear if you click in the black bar space in letterbox mode, or on the window caption I think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Ashley! Fixed that file and now all of my problems are officially closed! Super pumped!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)