Node-webkit preview takes forever to load

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/70562654/Prototype3.6_340x236_bugreport.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run preview with node-webkit

Observed result:

Harddisk loads like mad but the preview never executes. To stop it I need to kill the nw.exe processes in Task Manager, which also takes a loooong time to complete. This only happens the first time I try to run preview, on subsequent runs preview only takes about a couple of seconds to get going. Closing and re-opening C2 makes no difference; if I've already run Node-webkit preview once after a fresh boot it will always run without problems. Also doesn't happen with exported Node-webkit.

Expected result:

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

Firefox: ?

Internet Explorer: ?

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit. Service pack 1

Construct 2 version:

r152    

This started to happen around r142-r143 I think? Definitely sometime between r139 and r146. It doesn't seem to happen with new capx'es.

• Your example started after about 1.5 seconds for me.

Maybe something on your system is slowing it down? Anti-virus scanning? Recent MicroS**t updates?

What does Task Manager show when you try launching?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Task manager says:

Processes running -> 2 nw.exe, no game.exe.

Disk usage is hogged by nw.exe reading at about 250 kb/second. svchost.exe also uses quite a bit: 130 kb/s.

No antivirus software installed, just comodo firewall. But the firewall always informs me if it decided to block something it doesn't trust so I don't think that's it.

• Node-webkit preview used to leak files on disk - some users reported hundreds of thousands of files. We fixed this by making it clear the cache on startup starting with r152, but if it has leaked a lot of files, it will take a long time to clear the cache on the first run.

Workaround: delete all the files for the project in your %appdata% folder, and preview again - it should start faster then.

• Wow! Over two hundred thousand in my case :P Thanks, that worked nicely.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)