Node-webkit is dead. [r186.2]

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

Node-webkit doesn't even run when I open it while my project is exported. If I move the EXE out of the folder the project is in and run it, nothing happens, it just closes immediately. If I open the nw.exe file in the exporters and node webkit folder it opens like normal. If I open it while it's in my project's folder, it just hangs hidden in the task list with three copies of it open like usual.

Attach a Capx

Not applicable.

Description of Capx

Again, not applicable.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open node-webkit.

Observed Result

Nothing.

Expected Result

It should do something... anything!

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: N/a
    • FireFox: N/a
    • Internet Explorer: N/a

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit service pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r186.2

• Upon further testing, it seems to be versions of C2 that cause it that have that additional options box that has options like kiosk mode. I don't even get the initial loading screen all C2 games have. I can give my CAPX privately if that does help but it seems to be anything I try to export.

• Using my install of r186.2 I exported the RTS template, and everything works as expected. Are you exporting the project using Node-Webkit to its own folder and the running the EXE from there?

And all files in the win32 folder are required to run the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure. I just tried exporting and running again and it works like it should now for no apparent reason.

• Closing as OP says it works.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)