New images in a project are not saved.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Link to .capx file (required!): Not applicable.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project with an object with a sprite.

2. Save and close the project.

3. Open it again.

4. Read the errors.

Observed result: When I open a project, some images produce a "corruption" error. I go into my Animations folder, and I find the images just plain aren't there. I have to manually add their images to the Animations folder.

Expected result: I save a project with new images. I go into the Animations folder and the new images are there.

Browsers affected: Not applicable, bug with Construct 2.

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7 Enterprise

Construct 2 version: Since at least r120</font>

Edit: This is in a school environment. Could this be the problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce, works fine for me and I assume hundreds of other users since we haven't heard about this apart from here. I would guess that the extremely tight security settings on most school computers is intefering in some way. Where are you saving the project to and are you sure you have permission to access it?

Edit: is it the same if you save as both a single file (.capx) and project folder? Can you confirm the correct image files are there in the project folder (under Animations for Sprites or Textures for everything else)? If you rename the .capx to .zip and open it, are all the correct image files there as well? Do the examples in the Start dialog (file -> new) open?

• Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to find out until after the Easter break, which, at least here in Tasmania, lasts from today (Thursday, 28th March 2013, AEDT) through to next Tuesday. (Tuesday, 2nd April 2013, AEDT) This, of course, sucks.

On a lighter note, Happy Easter!

<font size="5">=== Tantusar ===</font>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)