My C2 has been crashing every 10 minutes, help please..

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • C-7 my porjects hold about 250+/- objects...

zenox98 i suspect of my pc, if there is ppl that dont have this problem then that means its my pc, if it was my game, why would it crash c2 when is not even running??

• You must have a truly huge project if it still runs out of memory with the icon cache off. Can you provide some indications of how big it is (estimated memory use, number of events, file size etc)?

• Ashley

this are the numbers of my project

max download 6.3mb

memory use 77mb

events 2084

1700+/- collision checks / second 192+/- poly checks / second

• Hey Lunatrap.... It has been crashing for me for months as well. I also have a large project, but larger than yours currently is. Mine is as follows: Approx download: 54mb, Memory use: 350mb, Events: 5392

It has gotten so bad, that I have the auto-backup set to every 5 minutes. I find most of the time, it crashes upon pressing play... but sometimes it happens when I go to press save. It ALWAYS crashes when I forget to save, just before pressing play... only to find out, the auto-backup happened 4 minutes ago, thus making the last 4 minutes of work useless... often, the auto-backup decides it doesn't want to work at all... as I have found my backup hasn't happened for 14 or so minutes, when set to 5. So I'm lost. I'm trying to learn to deal with the constant crashes, but it's tiring to say the least.

• Nitro187

i feel you its so irritating!!

but im starting to get used to it... and yes.. it crashes 90% of the time at previewing but 10% of the times, it will crash it self, and this is is most annoying one becuase i always save before preview so i can predict a crash, but the other one it unpredictible...

• How many different kinds of object types do you have? In other words how many things appear in the project bar?

• Ashley 250+/- objects most of them are text...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just to bring this up again, this is happening to me too, a lot more frequently. (Still using r168). It always happens while previewing and really weird things happen (Windows error sound plays multiple times, event sheet visually glitches). The computer I'm using is a gaming rig and extremely powerful.

I haven't counted objects, but my guess is it's around 500.

Let me know if you'd like me to send the capx file.

[EDIT] - here's a thought... what if autosave has something to do with it? Maybe C2 crashes if the autosave interval comes up right when previewing? Since it seems to happen without any user input causing it (i.e. in the background while previewing) this would make sense. I'm afraid to turn autosave off to test it however

• I've never encountered a crash, ever, and I've also never made use of the autosave or autobackup feature. I always save before preview anyway.

sqiddster

Surely worth making a copy, turning of the auto... features and testing. Be a useful exercise if nothing else.

• zenox98 The problem is, the crashing is so unpredicatable - I've gone weeks without crashes, then just today had two about ten minutes apart. I don't really want to work for two weeks without autosave since I rely on it to save me from these very crashes

• Ah, you're probably right.

I wonder if Lunatrap is using the auto... features, and if so, considering the regularity of crashing, disabling would be a useful thing to try.

• zenox98 yes i use the autosave and 3 backups... the fact that you tell me that you dont crash and you dont use autosaving is very interesting, i think im going to test that out

sqiddster yeah...your description of the problem is 100% accurate...

• [EDIT] - here's a thought... what if autosave has something to do with it? Maybe C2 crashes if the autosave interval comes up right when previewing? Since it seems to happen without any user input causing it (i.e. in the background while previewing) this would make sense. I'm afraid to turn autosave off to test it however

I confirm the same suspicions !!!

Last 4 days I have been extremely busy with the multiplayer game I am working on, and more so having 2 browsers open running the same app simultaneously. (firefox/chrome)

I am crap at hitting the save button while entrenched in development, and kept the autosave on because occasionally my cs2 crashes.

But the last 2 days I have become a bit fearful for the auto save kicking in during loading of the two browser at the same time for a quick test run.

imo, and this is speculation, while loading a game in the browser, the load moment is a bit of hazzard moment for cs2, if the auto save kicks in, it suddenly goes extreme slow (loading game) and if I dare touch cs2 (click in it) I can bet my ass its stuck for good and needs to be force closed by the task manager.

A note here, If I notice the hang, and don't touch cs2, there is a good chance it comes back to life suddenly (give or take 10 secs).

Perhaps its a good idea to default popup a message for the auto save feature "Autosave time, do you want to save now ?"

• I've never encountered a crash, ever and I have Laptop, desktop, and game PC built specially for my work and some other works from my early days works too. All these machines I have installed C2. All of them works fine. All these PC has three orating systems on. XP Pro, Win 7 pro, Win 8, Touch wood no crash. Once I had crashed trouble with one machine because it had N****** graphics card and soon as I removed it and installed Re****** it working fine

• Closing as probably fixed in r191 - please let me know if you still run in to any issues with r191+.

Lunatrap - you mentioned you used 250 text objects, and the fix in r191 is that there was indeed a memory leak per text object when previewing which could result in this issue, which is why I think it should now be fixed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)