Multiple jump through platforms trigger bug

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so feel free to tell me if i am wrong.

I have a lemmings style game, where lemmings can build steps to get up to high platforms or bridge gaps. I have given the steps sprite a jump through property so lemmings can walk through them one way but not the other (they have an invisible ramp / jump trigger to get them on the step depending on the original direction they have been built).

I have found that when multiple steps in either left or right direction are built by a lemming, the lemming will only adopt the behaviour of the platform they touched most recently. So if they go up stairs in one direction, but the head touches over lapping stairs they will forget the jump through behaviour of the stairs they are on and adopt the behaviour of the stairs above (they just touched). This makes them fall through the stairs they are on.

Is this a bug or am i missing something? I cant make the step object a solid as that means lemmings get stuck either side of the steps.

Many thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please see the bug report requirements for posting in this forum. If you are just asking for help please use another forum.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)