Multiplayer Plugin (Urgent)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Problem Description

There is a problem that happens with Multiplayer plugin,,,, the cituation to occur is very specific .....

you get a game every suppose is 1x1 as in the case of C2 Pong,,,,, each User has its object (Host and Peer),,,

If you make a multiplayer system that the User returns to an initial layout and disconnect the room after finish the game and can get into another game that is waiting for challenging ocorerá a problem with the player at another time was the (HOST) another room,,,

the player is a PEER a room, but that was before HOST another room, even after (Leave Room) or (Desconect from Room),, when it connects to a new room but as PEER he is creating two objects to the host.....

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g37an3nw0jkxv ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

I imagine that this problem was not detected because it would require a large project using Multyplayer, but it seems that no one even made an advanced design using the multiplayer of Scirra,,,

Do not worry I play the same problem using the example of Scirra (Multiplayer Pong) will pass it to understand what it is and solve the problem ....

Just play a game and the next game reversing players,, HOST and PEER ..

Then you will see the first game everything is okay, there is no any problem,,, but if they get the second start inverting the players then the problem will appear.

All small modifications in Multiplayer Pong Scirra are marked in capx file.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - Play a regular match with two players.
    • Step 2 - Second game must change positions players (HOST and PEER).

Observed Result

The problem occurs in the PEER player screen,

Expected Result

The synchronized object to the players present problem.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 X86____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Construct 2 r206 ____

Others Images

specific-problem-with-multiplayer-plugin_t152551

• Probably best if you try with latest stable r212.2 just in case anything has been fixed since r206, which was many releases ago.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Probably best if you try with latest stable r212.2 just in case anything has been fixed since r206, which was many releases ago.

But nothing was related to the plugin (Multiplayer) in the release notes,

Download the capx file and you do the test also, I have here the Steam version and I also have tested the version r212.2.

The problem still exists ...

• Closing as this report appears to be a duplicate of https://www.scirra.com/forum/specific-problem-with-multiplayer-plugin_t152551

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)