Message warning probable bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/608 ... ando2.capx

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Undefined object combo property

Condition: XmlStrToPropStr(f->second, p->type) != L"undefined"

File: Projects\ObjectInstance.cpp

Line: 424

Function: void __cdecl ObjectInstance::ReadPropertiesFromXmlElement(const class xml::element &)

Build: release 240 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Anular Reintentar Omitir

This message appears when I open my project, previously this message had not appeared.

If I click on "retry" the project opens normally.

What does this mean? Can I solve it in any way?

EDIT The error occurs because the initial animation of the radar is called "undefined", this causes the error.

If the name is changed to "Default", then the error does not occur.

• Your 'Radar' object has it's initial animation set to 'undefined', which not only doesn't exist for that object, but it is also confusing the Construct 2 editor. 'undefined' is likely a 'magic string' used by the project loading process, and if something is 'undefined' it is supposed to mean something bad happened.

• Your 'Radar' object has it's initial animation set to 'undefined', which not only doesn't exist for that object, but it is also confusing the Construct 2 editor. 'undefined' is likely a 'magic string' used by the project loading process, and if something is 'undefined' it is supposed to mean something bad happened.

That's right, I just discovered it almost at the same time as you.

Thank you!.

• Closing as there's nothing we can do unless you provide the steps to get a project in this state in the first place.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as there's nothing we can do unless you provide the steps to get a project in this state in the first place.

What happens is that if a sprite object has the initial animation set to "undefined" in the editor, then it causes crash.

1 - Create a new project

2 - Create a sprite object and set the initial animation to the value "undefined"

3 - save the project and close it

4 - open the project and the crash occurs

• Ah, right. It looks like you can just press "ignore" and the project still works. I removed the message from the next build so it doesn't appear.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)