Menus broken and crashes after Visual Studio 2013

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented template with list menus and shops to use in your top-down RPGs or metroidvania games!
  • I went on Construct 2 hiatus since last September, and just today I downloaded the last version to try an idea... what was my surprise when after installing it crashed.

I opened it again and it apparently worked well, I also noticed the UI theme change (from r148, apparently). I ignored it and started a new project, then saw this:

i.imgur.com/jCXNaX1.png

No big deal, a broken theme... I changed it to basic...

i.imgur.com/Gxry2jf.png

After a little struggle finding the button again, I changed it to scenic, everything seemed to work fine, until I tried to create a new sprite:

i.imgur.com/troky44.png

As soon as I use the brush, it crashes. As I edit my images in an external application I tried opening one, but it just doesn't show. The square remains its size and transparent and sometimes C2 crashes.

I have tried using r158-2, r155, r152n and r148. Also, r146 works flawlessly.

Oh, and it's not my display driver, I have one installed last month, however I tried rolling back to the one I had last September and even to the one I got with my motherboard (from like 1 year ago).

i.imgur.com/8IJwCfU.png

I was even about to format, after I saw it works on my sister laptop... but now I think it's fixable, I just need to update something from microsoft visual (I just don't know what). Any ideas?

PS: I can't believe I'm the only case of this, I must be hexed!

PS2: I just remembered... every time I install it and open it for the first time, it crashes.

Edit: Apparently I deleted the paragraph with my specs, here they are:

Video card: AMD Radeon HD 7560D

• The display glitch in the first screenshot strongly suggests a graphics card driver bug. I'd suggest reporting the issue to AMD.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you have any technical information as what is not loading (from a visual studio perspective)? Or how should I report that to them?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)