Load from save and bullet/loop problem

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
SynthWave Loop Pack includes 68 seamless loops, founded on 11 original melodies.
  • Problem Description

I have a sprite that spawns other objects when it hits a trigger (in this case collision with another sprite). The objects that are spawned from this event are set to fly off in different directions (bullet behavior).

Starting the layout fresh gives the correct behavior.

Just before the spawn trigger I have another trigger that saves the game. Loading from save will now make all the objects spawn, but now they all fly off in the same direction (all on top of each other).

Attach a Capx

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=74115206719692117210

Description of Capx

Checks for collisions between two sprites (a circle and a spawn trigger). As the circle hits the trigger, additional objects are spawned.

A second event checks for collisions between the circle and a save-trigger (hitting the trigger will save to the mysave slot).

Pressing L loads from save

Pressing R reloads the layout.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run layout, let the yellow ball fall down and off screen.
    • Press L to load from save game.

Observed Result

On the first run the yellow ball spawns 8 squares that all fly off in different directions. Loading from save and seeing the event again the yellow circle now spawn 8 objects that all go in the same direction

Expected Result

The yellow ball should spawn 8 objects with different trajectories, regardless of if I run the layout fresh or if I load from a save game slot.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • NJ.js: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 pro with all latest updates.

Construct 2 Version ID

v216 64bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)