Layout Scale - mouse/touch issues

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Problem Description

When using layout scale it seems there is a misalignment between the mouse and touch objects. When using an event that relies upon the specifics of where you are clicking or touching the layout (such as creating an object where the user has clicked or touched, as in my case), then a created object will be in the completely wrong place.

CAPX link here (because for some reason this form kept resetting when I tried to attach it here)

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... dens-world

Description of Capx

This capx loads the whole game, using layout scale to resize layouts to fit the Scirra Arcade window constraints.

It is the 'tutorial level' Event Sheet that you'll be interested in, specifically the 'HUD' Group.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 - Load tutorial Level
    • Step 2 - Use Space to attack small trees and collect wood
    • Step 3 - Once you have 4 or more wood, press 'U' to open menu and click on the bed
    • Step 4 - Click yes to build bed
    • Step 5 - You will be asked to click on the layout to choose where the bed will be built

Observed Result

The bed is built somewhere in the complete wrong place (usually off-screen)

Expected Result

The bed will be built where the user clicks usually (in a build without layout scaling)

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YE)
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Windows 7, latest SP I think

Construct 2 Version ID

R169

• Do you have a stable version (168) example that you can post?

Check your parallax settings.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, I don't as I updated recently, but the same issue was happening in 168. My parallax settings are at normal (100) as I haven't needed to change them.

• Are you using the mouse object and the touch object?

Is it only happening in the arcade? Or does it also happen when you run it locally?

If you want, you can PM me address to download and I'll take a look at it.

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and post a minimal .capx, not your whole project. Also note this type of thing can happen if you use Mouse.X/Touch.X without specifying the layer to translate to, such as Touch.X("Layer 1"), which is not a bug, just a common mistake.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)