Keys: not doing what I tell it to

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Piano Keys
$3.99 USD
A musical typing game where the goal is to play a song by pressing the matching keys as fast as you can!
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

The main problem is Construct is not doing what I tell it to. I've done everything I could to get the touch keys to work but they won't work, I've checked and tried everything I could possibly think of.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

http://public.justcloud.com/e5cnb3yiog.88126043

My file is stored on cloud service.

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

• The touch keys on my game works just fine on the 1st level, but it does not work at all on level 2, for no apparent reason. I've done nothing wrong, and yet it doesn't work properly, and there's no way to get the touch screen keys to work in level 2. Some of the swim animations don't work either.

-The touch keys are located on the upper right corner. The movement keys are in the game event sheet.

-I've done nothing wrong, I've tried everything to get the touch keys to work but nothing works.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

When I touch the arrows on the upper right corner (on level 2), the character does not do anything, just ducks when using the lower arrows.

It works just fine on level 1.

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

When I touch the arrows, on level 2, the character is supposed to move, the upper arrows are for jumping, the middle ones are just for running.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

It's like that on all browsers.

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit PC.

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

I'm using the latest (non beta) version of Construct 2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You don't have any instances of liquid nor ladders in level 2, so the events won't run. I'm not sure if that's a bug.

• Thanks. I'll try that.

Done.

I just put in ladders & water in level 2, that solved the main problem. I probably wouldn't have thought of that myself. Turns out it's not a bug after all.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)