Keyboard phone premature closure with bottom textBox

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Problem Description

When the TextBox is very close to the bottom of the screen, Windows Phone and Android can not open the keyboard. Excuse me but I think it is a problem you have to solve because it is an adaptation when exported to Visual Studio 2013

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C0RF ... sp=sharing

Description of Capx

There are many TextBox Objects at different levels. The project is exported for Android (with Cordova), or Windows Phone (8.1 Universal VS2013) with:

Fullscreen in browser: Scale inner

Orientations: Potrait

The version of Construct 2 is R227, but this problem also occurred with the previous version of Construct 2.

Then when trying to write in the bottomTextBox, Windows Phone and Android can not open the keyboard.

I have not tested with IOS, but I think it must have the same behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Open the application in the phone
    • Step 2 Try to use the keyboard in the bottom textbox
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

When you try to write a text in the bottom textbox, the keyboard from the Phone (Android and WP) closes

Expected Result

I expect the keyboard to function so that I can write a text

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) NO
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) NO
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Pro

We tested with Android version: 4.4.2 kitkat and with Window Phone: 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

R227 64bit

• .capx file uses third party addons ("Notifications"), so closing. Please see the bug report guidelines.

• .capx file uses third party addons ("Notifications"), so closing. Please see the bug report guidelines.

What you say has nothing to do with "Notifications" inside the plugin.

You can create a project with a simple "Layout" and add a "TextBox" on the bottom. Without any additional plugins, export it to type "Fullscreen in browser = Scale inner" for Android and Windows Phone platforms.

If you tried it on these phones you would have seen that the keyboard quits unexpectedly when you try to write in the "TextBox" that would have on the bottom.

I have not tried in IOS, but I imagine it must have the same problem.

And considering that the a similar project in Visual Studio and add a "TextBox" on the bottom edge of the window and it doesn't have these problems. So I think the problem is in C2, when exporting to different platforms.

• I add this link with no aditional plugins so you can see for yourself...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C0RF ... sp=sharing

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)