Issue with platform behavior 2

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Problem Description

The sprite jumps from one position to another when it hits the right wall.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/platformBehavior2.capx

Description of Capx

The capx contains a sprite with platform behavior and collision box edited minimally.

Includes some green solids sprite objects.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press and hold the cursor right

Observed Result

When the sprite touches the right wall, it magically changes its position.

Expected Result

The sprite should simply fall into the gap.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

win7 64bits sp2

Construct 2 Version ID

R241 64bits

• This is really the same issue as your other reports: the platform behavior does not work well at such tiny scales, because its built-in tolerances work on the scale of 1-2 pixels, which is a significant fraction of the size of the object.

In this case it probably falls down the hole and simultaneously tries to move right in to the wall. When it finds it can't move in to the wall, it moves backwards out of the wall, on a scale of pixels. It can't find anywhere until it moves all the way back to the left.

• Could you edit platform behavior to work correctly with small resolutions ?.

I mean if anyone could alter this to have 2 platform behaviors.

1 the original

2 for small resolutions

I could ask it in the forum to see if anyone would be willing to edit the behavior platform to work with resolutions like 256x144, i think is an acceptable resolution for mobile and retro games.

**I hope they solve this somehow in C3.

• Why not increase the scale of your game?

If we made a new behavior every time someone wanted it to be slightly different, we'd end up with 10 versions of the same behavior, and beginners in particular would have no idea why they're even there.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • EDIT: Ok, I understand what it means to apply scaling.

This problem would be solved either by increasing the jumping force or by applying scale.

Although it would also be nice to put some kind of solution for the platform behavior to work well with small scales.

I'm not sure I understand what increasing the scale supposes.

Does it mean increasing the resolution of the game?

I did not mean that C2 included another behavior platform, what I say is could I edit my own behavior platform? Could you do it by editing the original?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)