IPv4 hard coded IP in Cordova export, throws IOS error

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Throw daggers and hit the most fruit! Watch out for the wind, if you run out of daggers you'll lose the game!
  • Since this bug has practically no documentation on it and the error is called by engine code that c2 generated it's likely that c2 is the root of the problem or one of the plugins. Do I understand this right that cordova/wkwebview creates a local server on localhost in order to run the app? If that's the case the error indicates that for some reason the server gets created twice. How I see it is that wkwebview creates the server and one of the other webview plugins does the same. If I manage to get the error appear in the emulator I will post the log here.

• 1. Disable WKWebView (myapp 1.38) from previous Construct 2

2. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on Construct 2 update (R 244 64-bit built at 15:05:13 on Apr 19 2017) (myapp 1.39)

If method 2 above doesn't fix it, I'll do this one.

3. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on R244 and delete the line that says:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-httpd" />

4. Corodova Export WKWebView disabled on R244 and delete line...

#3 did not work, same bug. So update removing that line of code in config.xml does not fix issue.

Attempting other 2 options next.

• Now apple says it was a redirect loop, which makes it even stranger, but they still insist it is related to IPV6 support. (maybe due to removing that line of code)

[quote:18c7tcy0]Hello,

Thank you for your resubmission.

Upon further review, we found that your app does not comply with the following guideline:

Guideline 2.1 - Performance

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 10.3.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, after briefly displaying a loading screen, your app returned to the main screen after we tapped the Play button.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please review Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking.

Best regards,

App Store Review

• Boxels - when you say it still happens, is it absolutely identical to the error you posted originally or is it exactly the same?

In r244 I literally deleted the code that displays that error, so it ought to be impossible to appear in that form in r244+.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Boxels - when you say it still happens, is it absolutely identical to the error you posted originally or is it exactly the same?

In r244 I literally deleted the code that displays that error, so it ought to be impossible to appear in that form in r244+.

My apologies.

In the message I got from apple, it is different in that they stated exactly the following for each test.

--------------------------

TEST #3 r244 WKWebView enabled, deleted code in config.xml <plugin name="cordova-plugin-httpd" />

[quote:1q6w3s87]"Specifically, after briefly displaying a loading screen, your app returned to the main screen after we tapped the Play button."

https://boxels.com/images/bugs/attachment-6478607287074942353Screenshot-0420-145921.png

https://boxels.com/images/bugs/attachment-9026141553394574904Screenshot-0420-145926.png

TEST #2 r244 WKWebView enabled

[quote:1q6w3s87]"Specifically, no action occurred when the Play button was tapped."

https://boxels.com/images/bugs/attachment-2855466716378865054Screenshot-0420-085004.png

So YES, the error message shown on the OP of this thread is gone entirely with the r244 update. It almost sounds like a LAYOUT CHANGE ISSUE??? now that the other error is gone?

Keep in mind every other export works (scirra arcade, html5, chrome os, amazon, etc. https://alphabetocean.boxels.com/ ) Just IOS since I enabled that preview server (could be entirely coincidental). Ashley did you get my email with the capx file?

I have two more tests to go. I would LOVE any help with a tutorial on how to go from Construct 2 to PhoneGap (or anything like it) to development test on my devices, as I am still learning and it would be so much easier to test on my own devices rather than wait for apple's reply. Yes, I'm a noob at this... but willing to learn. (and I'm a php, mysql, and web developer if you can believe that)

Apple always states the following at end of each rejected app:

[quote:1q6w3s87]Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please review Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking ( https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/NetworkingOverview/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition/UnderstandingandPreparingfortheIPv6Transition.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010220-CH213-SW1 ).

Best regards,

App Store Review

• Ashley

Just an FYI, I am also promoting construct2 to schools like (MyTechHigh, American Heritage Academy, etc.) for children and youth. Our experience has been so amazing here, your software much easier to use than others (Game Salad to name one) your support to be jealous of, we are not letting it fall on deaf ears or blind eyes...

Thank you for your efforts, this has been the best experience we've had in the learning curve for programming for children (including our own home-school tech groups) and to get a game going so quickly I've watched motivation in children learning increase 100 fold. So keep it up, we are grateful and I truly can appreciate your work and efforts.

• Ashley

What test do you recommend I submit to apple before I send to apple? I have not tested disabling WKWebView as WackyToaster suggested due to the hope of r244 update fixing this issue with IOS.

A. R244, Corodova Export, WKWebView disabled, delete line "<plugin name="cordova-plugin-httpd" />" in config.xml

B. R244, Corodova Export, WKWebView disabled

• So YES, the error message shown on the OP of this thread is gone entirely with the r244 update.

On the basis of this, closing this bug as resolved.

If you have other issues, please post one thread per issue, following the full guidelines for each issue. It is impossible to deal with bug reports effectively otherwise.

Take a look at PhoneGap Build's documentation on running iOS builds. You'll need to create an iOS development certificate and a provisioning profile. It's all done on Apple's systems and they have documentation on that as well. And don't bother submitting apps you haven't tested yourself, it's not sensible to use Apple to verify your apps work.

• If you have other issues, please post one thread per issue, following the full guidelines for each issue. It is impossible to deal with bug reports effectively otherwise.

Take a look at PhoneGap Build's documentation on running iOS builds. You'll need to create an iOS development certificate and a provisioning profile. It's all done on Apple's systems and they have documentation on that as well. And don't bother submitting apps you haven't tested yourself, it's not sensible to use Apple to verify your apps work.

Thank you for this effort and support.

The only reason we assumed we didn't need to test, was the game worked PERFECTLY on the first upload to apple and works on the PHONEGAP app to test it on our IOS devices. We did test, just not directly but through phone gap's testing app (ios) and server app (windows).

We had over 50 downloads on this app with a ton of feedback from our facebook educational groups in the first week it was approved AND it worked on every other platform, device, etc. In fact we had 15 new updates published through itunesconnect without one single error. It was only after we enabled the local preview server that this error began...

Thank you. We are looking forward to construct 3 and continuing to share your software with our growing network of online educational tech schools.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)