IPv4 hard coded IP in Cordova export, throws IOS error

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Throw daggers and hit the most fruit! Watch out for the wind, if you run out of daggers you'll lose the game!
  • Problem Description

Exporting to Cordova in construct 2 after enabling the LOCAL PREVIEW SERVER (ip address), run as admin preference, hard codes the IPv4 address somewhere in the export, which hard coded IPv4 address causes an IOS app to show the following error whenever your app is started on an IOS device.

[quote:uqvbpsrv]error starting local server: server is already up

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Start any Construct 2 project, save it, and get it ready for export.
    • Enable the LOCAL PREVIEW SERVER in Construct2 preferences with a local ip address.
    • Export Cordova files, prepare and submit to itunes connect for development or production.
    • attempt to open the app... error shows.

Observed Result

You can upload the same code to any other store (ie. chrome, android, amazon, html5,) and it works fine as shown below:

https://alphabetocean.boxels.com/

There was ZERO issues and this error didn't come up ever before enabling the LOCAL PREVIEW SERVER preference. No matter what we do now (turning off local server), this error persists for IOS submissions.

Expected Result

As experienced before enabling local preview server, it should work on IOS devices without errors.

Operating System and Service Pack

IOS

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 239 64 bit

Apple's response each time this error appears now

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone and iPad running iOS 10.3 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, your app displayed an error message on launch.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please review Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking.

Best regards,

App Store Review

• Bug submission here with updates:

• The preview settings categorically do not affect the export and certainly do not include any IP address settings. You should be able to verify this by comparing the exported files are identical after exporting with different preview settings.

This is probably a different problem, but we can't do anything about it unless you provide a .capx that reproduces the problem as per the bug report guidelines.

• Where do we submit the capx file - we are learning as we go. Thank you.

• The bug report guidelines also cover that. Please read them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley thank you. Sent you email with capx. Was this potentially fixed in the update today?

I will try your suggestion in the thread you posted above with possibly the same error.

• Boxels - possibly, could you try it and see?

• Boxels - possibly, could you try it and see?

Doing so now.

My first try was to see if it worked by disabling the "use WKWebView" in the Cordova export options.

I will try these methods separately.

1. Disable WKWebView (myapp 1.38) from previous Construct 2

2. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on Construct 2 update (R 244 64-bit built at 15:05:13 on Apr 19 2017) (myapp 1.39)

If method 2 above doesn't fix it, I'll do this one.

3. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on R244 and delete the line that says:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-httpd" />

4. Corodova Export WKWebView disabled on R244 and delete line...

• So from what I can tell by checking back with some of my users the bug happens on IOS 10.2.1 (Iphone 6) aswell as on IOS 9.3.5 (Iphone 4s) so it doesn´t really seem to be dependent on the phone or os version. Interestingly, the user with the Iphone 6 had this happen exactly once, then the problem disappeared just by opening the app again and didn´t come back. The user with the 4s wasn´t able to get it to work though, even when restarting the phone.

Here´s my pluginlist, maybe it helps:

cc.fovea.cordova.purchase 6.0.0 "Purchase"

cordova-plugin-compat 1.1.0 "Compat"

cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview 2.3.0 "Crosswalk WebView Engine"

cordova-plugin-device 1.1.5 "Device"

cordova-plugin-file 4.3.2 "File"

cordova-plugin-geolocation 2.4.2 "Geolocation"

cordova-plugin-googleplayservices 19.0.3 "Google Play Services for Android"

cordova-plugin-httpd 0.9.3 "CorHttpd"

cordova-plugin-inappbrowser 1.7.0 "InAppBrowser"

cordova-plugin-keyboard 1.1.5 "Keyboard"

cordova-plugin-media 3.0.0 "Media"

cordova-plugin-purchase 1.0.4 "Purchase"

cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.2.2 "StatusBar"

cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.3.2 "Whitelist"

cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine 1.1.2 "Cordova WKWebView Engine"

cordova-plugin-x-socialsharing 5.0.10 "SocialSharing"

onesignal-cordova-plugin-pgb-compat 2.0.10 "OneSignal Push Notifications PGB Compat"

Kinda elusive error. Could it be that some of the plugins that are only used on android are interfering with the wkwebview? Like "InAppBrowser" or "Crosswalk WebView Engine"? I can´t check it right now if I have these added on my machine where I build the ios version, will do tomorrow.

• WackyToaster - can you test r244 and the four combinations Boxels posted and let me know the results?

• WackyToaster where can I view my plugin list to compare?

• Ashley I personally don´t have an Iphone so testing can be a bit complicated, I can try with the emulator though.

Boxels Depends on what you use to build your project. I use cordova CLI so I use windows cmd and just input "cordova plugin ls"

• 1. Disable WKWebView (myapp 1.38) from previous Construct 2

2. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on Construct 2 update (R 244 64-bit built at 15:05:13 on Apr 19 2017) (myapp 1.39)

If method 2 above doesn't fix it, I'll do this one.

3. Cordova Export WKWebView enabled on R244 and delete the line that says:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-httpd" />

4. Corodova Export WKWebView disabled on R244 and delete line...

#2 did not work, same bug. So update r244 does not fix this issue.

Attempting other 3 options next.

• Ashley I personally don´t have an Iphone so testing can be a bit complicated, I can try with the emulator though.

Boxels Depends on what you use to build your project. I use cordova CLI so I use windows cmd and just input "cordova plugin ls"

OK.

I'm on an iMac OS 10.12.4 (sierra)

Using Construct 2 on Windows 10 or 7 (have two pcs)

Using PhoneGap from adobe (works perfectly for a learning noob) to build for IOS, Android, Windows.

I have iPad Air, iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPad Pro to test on for IOS apps.

I have submitted two apps outside construct2 so far. This app worked PERFECTLY submitting to apple before I enabled Server Preview preference... since doing that step I cannot get past this bug.

If you are getting the same issue for IOS, it completely takes out the issue being with adobe phonegap or cordova CLI and pinpoints it within Construct2 and IOS at some crossroad.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)