iPad Pro landscape orientation buggy

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
characters sprites for creating a 2D action platformer or sidescroller game with cute, kawaii, fantasy theme
  • This also happens with Android mobiles

Do you mean very large Android tablets? Like iPad Pro?

• non, classic Android devices, but i mean version R221

• non, classic Android devices, but i mean version R221

Amm, my games are letterbox scaled and alright on iOS, Android and PC. Both tablets and phones. On the Chrome.

• well maybe are you developing html5 games??

its not the same in APK under intel xdk

• I cannot reproduce any problem with the viewport on an iPad Air 2 with iOS 9.2.1, nor a Nexus 9 with Android 6. I did however find one issue on the iPad, which was a similar thing to what you described: it seemed to zoom in on the top-left area after putting the device to sleep and waking it again. I found a horrible hack to work around this, and would report this issue to Apple, but bugs.webkit.org isn't responding right now

We don't have an iPad Pro in the office to test with right now. I don't know if the issue I found was related, or if this is an issue limited to just the iPad Pro device (which would be weird). Anyway wait until the next beta comes out and let me know if it's any better.

• It is limited to iPad pro only. i've tested few months ago and the problem appeared only on the Pro

• Ignaci - have you tested r222 and is it any different? I made some changes for that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just logged in to post some pictures of the issue. Hopefully r222 will work a bit better. Will check it out later.

Here's how my app looks on several different devices:

MY LAPTOP:

MY WIFE'S IPAD3:

MY IPHONE:

MY IPAD PRO

• john Cutter it's iPad Pro, not Plus

Thanks for the screenshot! it shows the problem clearly.

Ashley You can easily test this out by going to the nearest Apple store and just loading any C2 project from the net in Safari.

• Still nobody has reported if r222 is any different, which is important to know! Testing usually requires trying several times over a period of time, so going to a local store is not really a viable approach, and I'd prefer to avoid purchasing a whole device just to investigate one bug.

• Ashley I just downloaded r222, built my app, uploaded it to my website, and brought it up on my iPad Pro. After it updated and restarted the page looked exactly the same. (See picture above.)

DETAILS:

Resolution: 900x525

Fullscreen in browser: Letterbox scale

Is there anything else you want me to look at or try?

NOTE: I didn't uninstall r221. Hopefully, that didn't invalidate the test.

• If you add the Browser object and display in a text object the WindowInnerWidth and WindowInnerHeight values, does it report what look like the right values? I still think this kind of issue is likely an iOS bug for the iPad Pro build only for some reason, since it seems to work fine everywhere else, and unfortunately I can't guarantee that there's anything much we can do about iOS bugs, even with a device to test on...

• Ashley Here are the results of the test you requested:

PROGRAM:

App: Speech Synthesis Demo

Build: r222

Window size: 640 x 260

LAPTOP (full screen):

WindowinnerWidth: 1920

WindowinnerHeight: 955

IPAD PRO:

WindowinnerWidth: 1366

WindowinnerHeight: 928

QUESTION: I don't know if these values are expected or indicate some kind of iOS issue. Anyone?

• Is this any different in r223?

• Ashley I just downloaded the latest version and uploaded a new file to my website. The only difference I see is that WindowinnerHeight now reports as 960 instead of 928.

PROGRAM:

App: Speech Synthesis Demo

Build: r223

Window size: 640 x 260

LAPTOP (full screen):

WindowinnerWidth: 1920

WindowinnerHeight: 955

IPAD PRO:

WindowinnerWidth: 1366

WindowinnerHeight: 960 (was 928)

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you fix the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)