Invisbile object in layout editor on a layer

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Problem Description

Object is invisible in the editor when on a certain layer

Attach a Capx

Done

Description of Capx

This file does a lot of stuff

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• First, I created a sprite on the second layout which only contained one layer.
    • Then I created another instance of the object to the first layout with 4 layers by dragging it from list in the Projects window.
    • The object is invisible. It defaulted to the topmost layer.
    • If I change the object's layer it becomes visible. However, I need it to be on the topmost layer.
    • The object renders normally during layout preview.
    • This behavior persists between closing Construct 2 and reloading.

Observed Result

Object "Recruit" is invisible in editor on layout "Game", but renders normally in preview.

Expected Result

I expect to see object "Recruit" normally.

Affected Browsers

NA

Operating System and Service Pack

NA

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and only post a minimal .capx with no unrelated objects or events. Please also make sure your steps to reproduce are absolutely clear; steps like "I created a sprite on the second layout" are ambiguous, since there are many sprites in the project and you didn't describe which one you chose, which makes it very difficult to be able to follow your steps and see what you are seeing.

• Ashley , in case you're still watching this, I created another object on the UI layer of type Text. No moving across layouts needed. This object also seems to be invisible.

The objects spontaneously appear when I scroll up so that the top edge of the layout is visible but they disappear when the top edge of the layout scrolls above the window.

I'm still trying to figure out how to recreate this bug using a very minimal Capx file.

• In case anyone gets this problem, I've fixed it on my end by deleting the "uistate" file for the affected layout.

In the project's folder, look in "layouts" and find the layout that has the invisible object. There's a "uistate" file that is paired with the layout Delete the "uistate" file (but not the layout file itself!)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)