Images won't load on the Image Editor

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • UPDATE: Please close this thread. I kept looking for a solution to my problem until I eventually found this blog post. Yeah, that's my problem right there. *sigh* So it means I won't be able to use Construct 2 properly until I don't fix this problem with my drivers, aparently; even though I updated them today.

Ah, well. Apologies, and please close this.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello. I have a problem with Construct 2, but I do not think it's a bug of the software, but of my PC. I'll explain...

Link to .capx file (required! If link is blocked remove the http and www parts):

No link needed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Attempt to load a graphic for any element that requires one (sprites, tiled backgrounds, etc)

Observed result:

The image selected won't appear on the Image Editor, UNLESS I change the zoom. BUT, even if I accept the image (with or without zooming to see it properly) the resulting sprite/tiled background/etc is an empty square.

Expected result:

It should correctly show the loaded image at once. Or at all.

Browsers affected:

It's affecting Construct's Image Editor itself.

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Construct 2 version:

r161

SPECIAL NOTES:

I recently moved to a newer, more powerful computer, but this one has AMD technology (my previous PC had Nvidia). Right from the get-go, Construct 2's interface would mess up, unless I switched to Carbon or Scenic themes (any other one would mess it up).

I've also tried re-installing the latest stable version (r158.2), in case it was a bug of the r161, but I had the same problems. I then began to research the forums, and the best I could come up with was the notion of updating my card drivers. Okay, fair enough. I gave that a try and, no luck, all the Themes but Carbon and Scenic mess the interface up, and the Image Editor is not loading images properly (or at all).

One thing I have noticed is that if I load a previously created project, everything loads perfectly, but when I attempt to change the image of an already-loaded sprite, the Image Editor won't load it and the previous, original image remains.

Can anyone give me a hint of what might be wrong? Thanks in advance, and apologies if I didn't follow the proper protocol, but this case was quite something.

(Max)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)