IE9 and IE10 limited audio reproduction

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Problem Description

____ The game that I developed has to play approximately 100 different sounds. But internet explorer 9 and 10 only plays the first 62, then is not heard no other sound. In Internet explorer 11 run perfect.____

Attach a Capx

____ Attachments ____

Description of Capx

____ Contains 100 audios and a button. Pressing the button next audio plays. The audios are appointed from 1 to 100. ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• 1. Generate build.
    • 2. Up to a server.
    • 3. Run from internet explorer 9 or 10.
    • 4. Press the green button to go listen audios (A click on each audio).
    • 5. When audio reaches 63 onwards is silence.

Observed Result

____ Plays all audio in the order given, when it reaches 63 audio is not heard. Audios from 63 onwards do not hear anything. ____

Expected Result

____ Play all audios, in total there are 100. ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 (December 2014 image, so-called Update 3) 64 bit ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Release 195 (64-bit) ____

• Does this happen in Construct 2's preview mode, or only when you publish to the server (as your steps include)? If it does not happen in preview, it suggests it may be a problem with your server.

Also if it works in all other browsers including IE11, this strongly suggests that Construct 2's code is actually correct, and that the IE9/IE10 browsers have some issue with playing audio.

• Hi Ashley in preview mode no problem. Happens when you get on the server itself. I tried on different servers and the problem persists. I agree that the problem is of IE9 and IE10 browsers. I see that the solution will be to divide the project into several subprojects that use less than 63 audios each.

• Does your server have all the correct MIME types set?

• If all is correct with MIME types. Apparently the error if the IE9 and IE10 browsers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it does not reproduce in preview mode this strongly suggests all of C2's code is correct. Perhaps there is a problem with the server. Closing as not a C2 bug.

• We've done more testing and error if presented in preview mode . If you get a chance please run the attachment capx. We have not solved the problem.

• Vlakdo - please file a new report with precise steps to reproduce in the preview mode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)