High quality full screen scaling & front to back enabled

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Problem Description

In a scenario with multiple layer scaling and varying layer/objects opacity:

With High quality full screen scaling & front to back enabled, some objects disappear and the layer scaling goes weird.

My object seems there ... I can control it and see the scroll to event working ...

Attach a Capx

Capx emailed to support

Description of Capx

The file is a development in progress, and it is not trimmed down.

If you want to look at the possible culprit of events, check the FX event sheet, in the ' Layer effects' group …

No comments, lots of event .. but should be straight forward.

I do not think its in the events, just how the current implementation of front to back rendering handles them.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Default full screen scaling is currently set to low quality.

Run the project, and you see the ships on start of layout.

This is correct

Then switch to high quality full screen scaling: and the ships are gone and the scaling and opacity is not as it should.

< r207 I always had full screen scaling to high quality and no problems.

Observed Result

With full screen scaling set to high quality, the ships are gone, and the layer scalings are off.

Expected Result

I tested this because I simply wanted to see what happens when I enabled front to back rendering.

I expected no improvements in performance since I use a lot of opacity for varying layers.

I expected my currently development state not to experience problems (well, I did a bit, but there's always hoping )

Affected Browsers

all

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 8.1 64bit with intel express gma

Suspicion

something incorrect happens with the scaling

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I only just looked at this, and I can't see any .capx in support. Please see the bug report guidelines re: making a .capx from scratch that you can share. Closing, please file a new report with a .capx if you still want this investigated.

• I only just looked at this, and I can't see any .capx in support. Please see the bug report guidelines re: making a .capx from scratch that you can share. Closing, please file a new report with a .capx if you still want this investigated.

w0t I already had replies from support relating to this haha.

I was giving something to shoot at with your debugging of front to back rendering in a project using lots of layer scaling and opactity.

But no, I did not require a fix. thanks for your time though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)