I have created a project where assets that are saved on disk (e.g., sprites) are named in Greek. They contain accented characters as well. I then export for Node-Webkit and create a Hybrid CD (yes, a CD! but these are the specs I have). The CD contains:
- An ISO9660/Joliet part for Windows that contains all files generated in the win32 export folder.
- An HFS+ part that contains all files generated in the osx export folder.
The CD works perfectly on Windows and the application starts correctly. The CD is recognized in OSX, the application starts but never finishes loading.
The problem is the accented characters, that in HFS+ are represented in their decomposed form, but Node-Webkit tries to load them in their normal UTF-8 form.
For example, the file 'αρχείο.png' is stored as 'αρχει´ο.png' in HFS+ but NW has a problem loading it.
This may be a problem with NW, but I would really like to have had a warning when I started, if there is no solution.
By the way, when I use a FAT32 formated USB drive and attach it to OSX, everything is fine. HFS+ is the problem.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
Shows a sprite.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Export project
- Choose Node-Webkit
- Use a Hybrid CD creation program like Macimage
- Add the win32 files in the ISO part, osx files in the HFS part
- Mount the image or the resulting CD in OSX
- Start the application
Application starts loading and hangs.
Application should load and display a sprite.
- Node-Webkit: YES
- FireFox: N/A
- Internet Explorer: N/A
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 64
Construct 2 Version ID
Construct 2 r184