Graphical issues when exporting to NW.js

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Problem Description

My game is rendered with linear sampling in the construct 2 preview, everything appears as it should be. When exported to NW.js some (seemingly) random sprites appear blurry.

In the construct 2 preview (left) vs In the NW.js exported project (right)

Attach a Capx

Capx: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5wm2dkprefg ... 37ZMa?dl=0

Exported project: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jz1k2m3by9cj ... BPdia?dl=0

I added my exported project so you could see if when you export it, it has the same results, maybe its a problem with the capx.

Description of Capx

A 2D platform shooter game.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Export project to NW.js (png compression setting don't affect results.)

Blurriness can be seen in some particular sprites.

Observed Result

When previewing the project in construct 2 everything appears as it should. When the project is exported in NW.js (trying different png compression's doesn't change anything.) some sprites are blurry while some remain sharp as they should. The whole sprite isn't affected, it may only be some frames in the animation (firing the minigun weapon shows this as the first 'charge' frame in the animation is blurry and the second frame is sharp.) In the game you can alter the zoom level by holding down shift and scrolling, for some reason when at the highest level of zoom the blurry sprites are rendered as they should be, but i dont know why.

Expected Result

All sprites should look as they do in the construct 2 preview.

Affected Browsers

Works fine in all browsers, blurriness appears when exported to NW.js

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 home 64-bit

Construct 2 Version ID

release 239 (64-bit)

I think this bug may be part of this release as this problem didn't arise until i updated the game to this release. (I think)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The .capx uses a third-party addon 'Trace' so closing, please see the bug report requirements. It is always useful if you can produce a minimal .capx with nothing else in it other than demonstrating the issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)