Garbage Collection

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Professional addons for both Construct 3 & Construct 2.
  • Problem Description

GARBAGE COLLECTION

Attach a Capx

no need its every game i ever developed and also played on your arcade

Description of Capx

any of the samples you have

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create new capx
    • Start writing code
    • Export game
    • Game is awesome but surfers from garbage collection issues

Observed Result

Garbage collection causes freeze in game it happens so often the game gets annoying to play.

Expected Result

The game would have no to minimal garbage collection

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: Probably

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

NVIDIA gtx

16 gig ram

i7

Construct 2 Version ID

the one from 2 years ago and whatever was used to create games in the arcade.

Hi guys,

Ive been with you for over 3 years now and was so happy to start with you guys when i downloaded it i was able to make awesome full blown games it was fun easy exciting. You came out with new ports and new features it was amazing. You then stoped focusing in the performance of the games and by the looks of it just kept making ports. I complained about it 3 years ago and you guys were so sure browser were gonna get better and the performance will to. WRONGO you guys gotta work on this already i been rooting for ya for years but a game that jumps every couple seconds and suffers from bad garbage collection is not the way to go.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the info.

It's almost as useful as Steam trading cards.

Also:

Make an example to that shows what you are talking about or this will likely be closed for not following guidelines.

Unless you are just ranting, in which case you should at least update to a current version.

• Hi newt whats up i remember you from a while back hows it going.

Im ranting cuz its frustrating as anything. Im not gonna waste my time to update and create a new game file just to prove an issue you guys are obviously just choosing to overlook this comment you made just proves it this is the exact type of reply i got 3 years ago when i proved this issue with game files and all. You guys know exactly what im talking about. I only came back here to see how you guys have progressed over the years.

Looks like you doing great, and i am amazed with the construct2 abilitys but i still cant really do anything professionally with this garbage collection issue. You know what if im so wrong why dont you guys create a full blown game or at least an intricate professional demo that has ZERO garbage collection or at least no noticeable garbage collection and prove me wrong i would love that. I would also like the game file to see how its done as all the samples i ever gotten from you guys were also plagued by the garbage collection bug.

Ive played 3 games all three of those suffered from terrible garbage collection hiccups.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... o-game-817

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/adventure ... world-4330

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/action-ga ... -demo-3167

(The third was the least this is probably due to the fact that he used smaller graphics. One shouldn't have to limit themselves to smaller graphics to get better performance out of there game.)

its not like these games are cpu intensive or even graphic intensive at all this is obviously the game engine creating to many throw away objects. whens the last time you guys worked on the javascript garbage collection issues?

Whatever you guys can choose to close this and mark it as a non issue but at least provide a heavy duty sample with zero garbage collection when you do close it. Or move it to the correct thread location.

• i have noticed the hiccups too, and searched about it but couldn't find anything. I thought I'm the only person having that problem

• I must say, I have not experienced this issue. and i never noticed any issue in all 3 games you posted.

• Without a capx example this is like saying "I made a game a few years ago and it appears buggy somewhere - please fix". You might as well email your garage with the following info: "My car has a problem that I can see, please fix and stop ignoring it". Neither is a good way for progress...

• Closing, please see the bug report guidelines, we do not investigate issues that do not follow them for the reasons described within the guidelines.

I also cannot see that you've provided any evidence at all that garbage collection is actually responsible for any problem you think you've identified.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)