Fullscreen Scale Outer broken with Advert Bar

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Custom animated Health Bar - check youtube video to make it yourself
  • Problem Description

Game scales incorrectly when set to "fullscreen scale outer" and exported with the advert bar option (set to bottom).

This problem has only presented itself on the iPad Retina (3) in both Safari and Chrome. The scaling is correct on Chrome for PC and Chrome for Android running on a Nexus 7.

Less important but related is that WindowWidth and WindowHeight do not respond as expected. I assume this is from the iFrame used for the advert?

Exported example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/225 ... index.html

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/225 ... enbug.capx

Description of Capx

The example file contains no events or actions. The important features are the "Fullscreen in browser" value (scale outer) and the method of export (HTML5 website, advert bar style).

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: Set Fullscreen option to "scale outer."
    • Step 2: Export HTML5 website with advert bar option (set to bottom) enabled.
    • Step 3: Run game on iPad Retina (other iOS devices untested so far). Load game in Portrait orientation.
    • Step 4: Rotate iPad to Landscape orientation.
    • Step 5: Problem does not change when game is loaded in Landscape orientation.

Observed Result

The view is scaled in too far--neither the full view nor the advert bar are visible.

Expected Result

View should scale to fully fit the screen while maintaining room at the bottom for the advert bar. In the provided example, both "TITLE" and "start" should remain visible.

Affected Browsers

• iOS Safari: YES
    • iOS Chrome: YES
    • Android Chrome: NO
    • PC Chrome: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

iOS 7

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think this is because iOS has buggy frames support. I've added the workaround we've used elsewhere to these templates for the next build, hopefully that will fix it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)