Fullscreen problem in NW.js

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Problem Description

I'm using Browser to request fullscreen (letterbox scale). My initial "Fullscreen in browser" setting is set to "off". When I switch back to windowed mode (cancel fullscreen), the project is moved so that only part of it is on the screen, the rest being black space. If I set "Fullscreen in browser" to letterbox scale, though, my game looks blurry when I run it, because for some reason the window size isn't 800x600 as I set it to.

Attach a Capx

Capx

Description of Capx

A very simple project confirming the bug, with one sprite to show the offset.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the project and press space bar, switching it to fullscreen.
    • Press space bar again, switching to windowed. The project will look differently from when you first ran it.

Observed Result

The layout is at an offset and zoomed in, as the sprite confirms.

Expected Result

The layout should go back to the way it was at first.

Affected Browsers

Only NW.js. On IE the project wouldn't switch to fullscreen at all, but I am sure it is unrelated.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Home, version 1607.

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 239.

• It works if you change the "fullscreen in browser" setting in the project properties window to "letterbox scale" in the first place..

• Again, it kind of works, but it's important for me to keep the dimensions of the game, as it is pixel art. Plus, I don't think the offset was supposed to happen in any case.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fullscreen mode 'off' isn't actually supported in NW.js mode - you're supposed to use letterbox scale (or letterbox integer scale for pixel art games). Closing as wont fix - if you have any issues that prevent you using those modes, please report them separately. Note NW.js has fixed an issue where the window did not always appear at the correct size in 0.18.0+ so make sure NW.js is up-to-date.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)