Full Screen Letterbox v Full Screen Off

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Problem Description

I noticed that with Full Screen Off, some of my HUD objects were being displayed incorrectly. Run the capx and you'll see that with Letterbox Scale selected the layout is displayed as shown in the editor window but with Full Screen In Browser set to Off, the objects are positioned incorrectly in Chrome. Also, there is a misalignment of the mouse-over object check associated with this bug.

Edit - this problem is not apparent when previewing over LAN, but it is when using Localhost...

Attach a Capx

[attachment=2:1k3e9309][/attachment:1k3e9309]

Description of Capx

The capx shows four squares that simulate HUD objects and are positioned near to the corners of the layout. With Full Screen In Browser set to Letterbox Scale, the layout is displayed correctly; with Full Screen In Browser set to Off then the HUD objects appear inset / further away from the borders than they should do (in Chrome only). This also affects the mouse over event check, whereby in Chrome the mouse-over check doesn't work correctly with all objects.

[attachment=1:1k3e9309][/attachment:1k3e9309]

[attachment=0:1k3e9309][/attachment:1k3e9309]

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Select Full Screen In Browser to Letterbox Scale to see where the objects should be displayed, try mouse over
    • Select Full Screen In Browser to Off (in Chrome) to see them incorrectly positioned, try mouse over and observe the mouse over does not correlate with the sprite position

Observed Result

With Full Screen In Browser set to Off, the objects appear in the wrong place relative to the edge of the layout when run in Chrome, the mouse-over check seems to be affected by some sort of parallax error as well.

Expected Result

All browsers should be the same and as per the editor display.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

W8.1 x64

Construct 2 Version ID

r178 x64

• Can't reproduce, appears correctly in both modes in Chrome here.

Are you sure your graphics drivers are up to date?

• Ashley, my drivers are fully up to date (GTX 870M). Of interest, if I preview over LAN then this problem is not apparent! I discovered this when I was going to run it on another pc... but it always happens when I run Localhost using either my NVIDIA or Integrated graphics card... I should be able to test this on a completely separate system in a day or two and will update here when I can.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it helps, It displays correctly for me also in latest firefox, IE and Node-webkit.

• It works fine but, I have noticed that the BROWSER is Firefox therefore it was bringing errors on screen

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)