• 4 posts
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - Service Pack 1

Intel i7 CPU 920 2.67GHz

RAM : 6 GB

2 GeForce GTX 275 run in SLI

Internet Explorer 9 **** (is Default)

Google Chrome 14.0.835.202 m

construct2-r60

I am having a problem when I try to run the layout inside of construct 2 using Internet explorer nine. I can open your demo projects Space Blaster or Ghost Shooter and the same thing happens. When I run and the layout it loads up fine and starts to run but after 15 to 30 seconds the screen locks up but you can hear the music playing. If I change the default browser to google chrome then it runs fine inside of construct 2. If I export it to my Dropbox for testing it will run fine on Internet explorer nine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So I guess you mean you have a trouble with the preview.

In the project properties, what is the value of "Preview mode" ? File or HTTP ?

Try switching between the two seeing if it changes something.

Also, press Ctlr+J (or the shortcut to see the error console) and see if it raises any error.

Also this appears more to be a problem with the browser then C2 itself.

Finally, R61 has just been released. Even if it might not fix your peculiar "bug", it is always good to keep to the last version.

• Hi Kyatric,

Yes it is in the preview.

The value of Preview mode is HTTP.

The value of Preview Browser is (default) ** that would be IE 9.

demo projects Space Blaster or Ghost Shooter freeze up in the Preview at these settings after 15 to 30 seconds.

I tried switching the value of Preview mode to File. And The value of Preview Browser is still at (default) ** that would be IE 9.

The demo projects Space Blaster and Ghost Shooter freeze up at these settings too.

If I change the Preview Browser to Chrome and the Preview mode to HTTP.

The preview works fine. So it is just IE 9 having the problem with the preview.

I can see your point about a problem with IE 9 but why then when I export the project to the internet and use IE 9 it works fine?

And I will update to R61 and see if that helps and let you know.

• I have updated to R61 and still have the same problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)