Fixed-Not a bug. Please delete.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Just a mistake on my part. My apologies. -Ben

Problem Description

Not sure why this is happening, but Replace Color isn't only affecting the 1 color I want it to. Its affecting the entire sprite. In some instances, tinting the entire thing. I have the tolerance set to 0, so i'm not sure what the problem is. The Red Area (in the picture above) is the only area that should be affected. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3dk7NNBQ1tZeG5pWTV0Mm9ucmM/edit?usp=sharing

Description of Capx

By pressing the space bar, you are adding 1 to the variable "Light". These are affecting the RGB values of what i want the red colored area to turn into. It is having more of a tinting effect than color replace. The green area should remain unaffected. You can see the results in the above picture.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Press space bar to cycle through color changes for the red area.
    • Step 2 Notice that the green area is also being changed even though ReplaceColor's tolerance is set to 0

Observed Result

Green area is also being affected. Whole image is being tinted rather than color replacing the red area in the sprite.

Expected Result

Only the red area of the sprite should be color replaced. The Green area should remain unchanged throughout the cycle.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (N/A)
    • Internet Explorer: (N/A)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not a C2 bug.

Parameters for the effect are 0-based. Fix your indexes for the color values you are replacing with. Left_R = param 3, G = 4, B = 5. You also were initially setting G and B swapped for each other, but do this fix and you're golden. Tested and worked here, anyway. 

• Crud. I can't test it from work, but I'm sure you're right. I couldn't figure out why it was bleeding into everything, but I'm sure its because parameter 6 is for the tolerance level. That's why it was varying in intensity. Thank you so much for looking into this for me. I'm embarrassed and excited to continue with my original vision. Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)