FireFox 28: game freezes

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Problem Description

When I press a key it works only one time and after that it won't accept any further input of me. I have to refresh the page to be able to press a key like W or arrow-up again and then I end in the same situation. The game looks like frozen.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1: go to this game: CubeMaze
    • Step 2: press space
    • Step 3: press A or D
    • Step 4: game and input freezes

Errors in my browser console:

TypeError: this.instanceObject.noteOn is not a function[/code:3p5z92ht]

[b]Affected Browsers[/b]
    [ul]
        [li] Chrome: (NO)
        [/li][li] FireFox: (YES, v28)
        [/li][li] Internet Explorer: (NO)[/li][/ul]
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines (attach a .capx) or we can't help.

• I didn't provide a capx file because I believe in a incompatibility/bug in the generated code with Firefox 28 because on other browsers it does work, so it shouldn't be a missing event or similar in the game.

I noticed it while I was looking for good softwares like this but if it doesn't work flawless on widely used browsers like Firefox it's a huge minus for me.

• I didn't provide a capx file because I believe in a incompatibility/bug in the generated code with Firefox 28 because on other browsers it does work, so it shouldn't be a missing event or similar in the game.

I noticed it while I was looking for good softwares like this but if it doesn't work flawless on widely used browsers like Firefox it's a huge minus for me.

Ashley asked for a capx to see why the problem happens, Construct 2 is still in devellopement and updates pretty frequently, sometimes bugs happen, by posting a minimal capx with the same issue, Ashley can investigate why it does that instead of working normally, to correct it (I'm talking about the generated code the engine produce at the end)

• jBug

I only ever use firefox and I haven't come across such an issue. That's why a .capx is essential, to see if the problem is the C2 generated code or just a problem with your event structure.

• I have no idea how I can reproduce this because I never used CE 2. A friend of me was able to reproduce this problem in FireFox 28. I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit.

I will try to use CE 2 soon. If I'm able to reproduce that I will post a capx file.

• jBug

Are you talking about THIS game that's in the Arcade?

If so, then this can't be classed as a bug in the C2 engine, as this game is over 2 years old and the new C2 codebase has changed significantly.

Yann may need to update his .capx to incorporate changes.

• zenox98

What's uploaded to the arcade is just the event sheet structure. The arcade concatenates this with the whole runtime.

If there's a bug, I would guess it's in the common javascript used in the arcade that's causing it. Somehow it probably became out of date with how firefox 28 works... not sure.

I could maybe solve the problem by doing a new export, but I'm not even sure where is the last capx or if it would still work (nope I'm not lazy... not at all!)

So... meh... maybe on one rainny day.

Looking at it closely, the problem comes from the fact that firefox changed they renamed "noteOn" and "noteOff" function of the AudioContext's BufferSource object for "start" and "stop".

So I guess I'm probably not the only one who should reexport their game. Or maybe better, scirra arcade should update its code to correct all the bugs in one place =) (dunno how hard it would be)

• Yann

Thanks for that.

We know Tom has an arcade update planned, so maybe the changes you recommend could be implemented then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)