Hi guys. I'm a Construct 2 noob (with a paid licence) but I have carefully read your notes on bug reporting and followed the instructions fully. Thanks for all your great work.
I set up a family with three instance variables: 1 Boolean, 1 Number and 1 Text. Then I add an event based on this family and choose Compare instance variable. A window appears titled "Parameters for Family1: Compare instance variable" and the first drop down box lets me choose an instance variable. The options only include the Number and Text variables but NOT the Boolean.
Attach a Capx
Simple Capx uploaded containing JUST this problem
Description of Capx
Layout 1: Contains one Sprite object which has been added to "Family1"
Event sheet 1: Contains one event based on comparing instance variables for Family1
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1 Open Capx
- Step 2 Go to Event sheet 1
- Step 3 Double click on the (only) event
- Step 4 Click the first drop down list (Instance variable)
- Step 5 Notice that the list only contains the Number and Text options, but NOT the Boolean
- Step 6 On Project bar, click on Family1 and look in the Properties bar to confirm that all three instance variables are listed for the family (i.e. not just for the single object)
The Boolean instance variable is not listed as an option
I expected to see all three Family1 instance variables listed: Boolean, Number and Text
- N.B. This problem occurs within the software rather than in a browser
- Chrome: (NO)
- FireFox: (NO)
- Internet Explorer: (NO)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 184 (32-bit) 15:40:53 on Oct 9 2014