Extremely annoying audio bug

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • I spent the last hour narrowing down this bug... extremely annoying.

Problem Description

Audio files over 3 minutes in size delay the sound effects from playing

Attach a Capx

http://mail.acibrands.com/1.capx

Description of Capx

I've made the CAPX pretty self explanitory.... essentially you run it, and it'll tell you exactly how to re-produce.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• On startup, play an audio file that's over 3 minutes in length in a loop.
    • While playing, attempt to play a sound effect... the sound effects won't play* *- They eventually play, once you wait the delay period. The delay period varies depending on how far past 3:00 you go. if the length is 3:05, you'll wait 5 seconds... etc. In my demo, I have a 3:30 length music file... so it'll delay for 30 seconds.

Observed Result

No sound effects play.

Expected Result

Sound effects should play.

Construct 2 Version ID

r163

• Can someone please acknowledge that I'm not losing my mind? Is everyone out there really only using less than 3 minutes for music in their game in a loop? That seems extremely short to me... perhaps I'm wrong?

• I know it's annoying.

But if you add a system.on.layout.start > play.sound.squish it fixes the issue.

Hope this helps

• Nitro187 And regardless of what any of us here say, there is a very real chance that you are losing, or may have already lost your mind

• I know it's annoying.

But if you add a system.on.layout.start > play.sound.squish it fixes the issue.

Hope this helps

I'll give it a shot... thanks. Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nitro187 And regardless of what any of us here say, there is a very real chance that you are losing, or may have already lost your mind

hardy har har.

• Can't reproduce in Firefox, looks like a Chrome specific issue. You might want to report it to Google. Also this sounds like a previous report we had where it doesn't occur after export, it's only a preview-time limitation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)