Event copy problem r55

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Windows 7 home premium 64bit

AMD radeon HD 6970 2GB x2 (crossfire)

Firefox 6.0.2

I am working on the first level of a game pulling the event sheet from a working tech demo layout in the same project. When I copy events from the event sheet for the tech demo layout or even set the event sheet for the first level to the tech demo event sheet, nothing works.

I am assuming that because both these layouts are in the same project, they share all the same objects, including input and storage objects correct? Not sure if/what I am doing wrong...

• Sprites objects and arrays are not global. (can't be shared through layouts)

Objects like mouse and keyboard are. (one object mouse for the whole project)

If you try to act on a sprite that belongs to the first layout (only) from the second layout event sheet, it is "intended behavior" that the action doesn't get applied. Same for an array.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If that is the case then the folder layout is very confusing, shouldn't objects and events be subfolders of their respective layouts? How do I tell which data object is being used where? There is no way to determine this that I can see...

• If that is the case then the folder layout is very confusing, shouldn't objects and events be subfolders of their respective layouts? How do I tell which data object is being used where? There is no way to determine this that I can see...

Yep the current display is a bit confusing.

A better display (as well as global objects) will be eventualy brought to C2 (it is part of Ashley's long to-do list)

For now, you should know and remember which layout you added the object to.

In that respect, I'd suggest you to make folders in the "Objects" or "Projects" tab and sort your objects depending on the layout they belong to.

• Ah, good to know. Thanks!

• We don't have global objects yet - so all objects in a layout (not including input objects like mouse and keyboard) are destroyed at the end of the layout. The 'global' option will give you an option to override this and allow objects to continue to exist across layouts.

It's also worth mentioning: objects don't actually belong to any particular layout. If you add an object, it is available project-wide, so you can place that object in any layout you like. So it would be incorrect to show objects as belonging to a specific layout in the editor.

In short:

• everything is destroyed at the end of a layout until we add the 'global' option
    • objects don't belong to any particular layout
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)