Error importing wave file on r119

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Two levels with two sistem Wave. with Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • When I try to import a wave file, I get the error "Failed to convert to OGG. Need Win 7+". I do use Windows 7 32 bit, so I'm not sure what causes the error.

After that I tried to call the conversion tool directly from command line and the same wave file could be converted to ogg and m4a with no problems. I could import both files with no problems then.

I'm using Construct2 installed in Steam software folder, so I don't know if that could be the cause.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Import wave into an empty project

2. I can see the cmd line windows opened

3. The error will be displayed, and the file won't be imported.

Observed result:

No file imported

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 Enterprise N (With Media player stuff installed)

Construct 2 version:

r119

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you share the exact .wav you used? It is often related to the particular file. Command prompts shouldn't appear during audio import either...

• Tonight I will put here the wave file I'm using.

About the "dos prompt": on my machine I can clearly see the command prompts popping up trying to run the converters right after I select the files to insert into my project, and then the error.

I believe the file is ok, since I could convert them using the same utilities, but from a command prompt.

It it possible the Windows 7 N is giving Construct a false response from the utilities?

Thanks

Paulo

• Here is the wave file I'm using: dl.dropbox.com/u/6781970/woosh.wav

• It imports to AAC fine on Windows 8, but fails to convert to Ogg, presumably because the file has an unusual sample rate (11025 Hz). Try resampling to 44.1KHz and reimporting.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)