Error Exporting to Windows 8 [HTML 1701]

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropbox.com/u/76344282/Morse%20Code%20Translator.7z

Steps to reproduce:

1. Export Project to Windows 8

Observed result:

Error in Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate

HTML1701: Unable to add dynamic content '   <link/><table></table><a href='/a' style='top:1px;float:left;opacity:.55;'>a</a><input type='checkbox'/>'. A script attempted to inject dynamic content, or elements previously modified dynamically, that might be unsafe. For example, using the innerHTML property to add script or malformed HTML will generate this exception. Use the toStaticHTML method to filter dynamic content, or explicitly create elements and attributes with a method such as createElement. For more information, see go.microsoft.com/fwlink

Expected result:

No error in Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate

Browsers affected:

N/A

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 Pro with Media Center Pack

Construct 2 version:

Construct 2 Beta Release r120.2

Solution

The error itself seems to have nothing to do with my project (I deleted everything in the project just to make sure it wasn't something I was using)

After searching through the project in Visual Studio, I found the problem was in jquery-1.7.1min.js.

After deleting the offending line of code, I can now create the appxupload package.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is a known problem in jQuery (we're a little behind on the version, I think it might be fixed in the newer releases). However all it does is log a console message and it should not affect the game in any way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)