Error During Export: Using Flapping Bird Template

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Problem Description

____I found this error while I try to Export Construct 2 Template Flappy Bird, No Third Party plugin used

Just open New File > Select Flappy Bird Template, I give description ad ID and export So I am getting this error ____

Attach a Capx

Flapping Bird Template

Description of Capx

Official Template

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press Ctrl + N
    • Select Flapping Bird Template
    • Give it description & ID
    • Export to Cordoa

Observed Result

Error During Export: cannot open file 'config.xml

Expected Result

Export properly

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

r246

• Can't reproduce on windows 7.

What is the description and ID you added to the project ?

What are the Cordova options you used ?

Provide ALL the informations and steps to reproduce EXACTLY the issue, or this report will be closed as well.

A couple of people have been reporting this issue but so far have not been able to provide any correct reproduction steps for us to investigate.

If the issue cannot be reproduced it won't be investigated and won't be fixed.

• This also happens to me, Release 246 64bits.

Win10.

• same here .... I need help asap , O have submitted a post in the "how do i ... " section of the forums.. with screenshots and everything

• The problem is that the config.xml and config.json files are exported into the Construct2 application folder (Program Files\Construct 2) and not into the exported project folder like it should. You have to move them manually into the exported project folder. Yes, that is something that should be fixed.

• Landcifer, I cant find them there too :/

• Landcifer, I cant find them there too :/

The error has not been solved but you can try reading this thread:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/error-with-export_p1140048?#p1140048

• This should be fixed in the next build. Workaround: make sure "Use new Intel XDK project format" is enabled.

• This should be fixed in the next build. Workaround: make sure "Use new Intel XDK project format" is enabled.

I am confused with this.

It is assumed that intel XDK no longer works and no one will use it.

Why is it necessary to activate that option ?.

Do not you think this will confuse users?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • the Mnk

leena222

Lancifer

I have found the solution and Now I have made tutorial on How to build Signed apk using Android Studio or PhoneGap Build

Check this

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Hello, thanks for the video, why do you use XDK ?, I thought XDK stopped working, what is the situation with XDK then ? I uninstalled it because I thought it no longer works..

Which method is better ?, PhoneGap Build or Android Studio ?.

• phonegap will be better because android studio is a heavy software approx 2 gb then it causes many problem. so phonegap will be best for you

and intel has stopped building apk but it makes our project ready for phonegap

• Well I understand, thanks for the info!.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)