Editor corruption on high DPI monitor

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
It has been developed from level 1 to level 5. (4K Hand Painting Assets) 3200x4200 size.
  • Problem Description

Construct 2 Editor not displaying certain dialog windows correctly on High DPI Monitor (2880x1800). I know dropping resolution to 1440x900 is an option, but text is then blurry and causes eye strain.

The Majority of the editor displays very well, however, ADD EVENTS has many items invisible, PARAMETERS dialogue windows are all misaligned, and the SPRITE EDITOR icons are all squashed together.

Attach a Capx

Capx not required but screenshot attached

[attachment=0:273a6a33][/attachment:273a6a33]

Description of Capx

Capx not required for this bug report

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Some Dialogues always corrupted. No additional steps required.

ADD EVENTS dialogue, options disappear when the mouse curser hovers over them.

Expected Result

Dialogue boxes to scale correctly.

I believe the dialogue boxes for Parameter inputs can be corrected by increasing the height slightly.

Affected Browsers

Not applicable

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 running off Bootcamp on 15" MacBook Pro Retina.

Construct 2 Version ID

168 64bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is also an issue on my shiny new Razer Blade laptop - other apps run great at native resolution with UI elements set to 200% (similar to Retina mode on MacBook Pro), but I have to reset resolution back to 1600x900 and change UI scaling back to 100% to run Construct 2. I don't mind the resolution switch too much, but resetting the UI scaling requires logging out/in.

I think the fix is basically to just have Construct 2 properly respect the UI scaling?

• Should be fixed in next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)