Disable collisions with another object bug!

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey Ppls,

I am making an Asteroids game. I have a circular nova that expands rapidly from the player character and destroys incoming asteroids. When destroyed the asteroid fragments into several smaller objects (asteroidFragments). I don't want the nova to push these smaller fragments outwards, so I set: on asteroidFragment created > disable physics with another object to be true between the small asteroids & nova. However this has had no apparent effect run time.

Attach a Capx

Done!

Description of Capx

v1.capx, The events in question are in the debug event sheet at the 4th event.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Wait for an asteroid to get close, then hit "space".

Observed Result

The nova pushes the fragments outwards indicating the collisions are still enabled between both objects.

Expected Result

The fragments spawn and move around in a tight cluster at the point they were created. Unaffected by the nova.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Pro, SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

R195 (64bit)

• The 'disable collisions' action is global: it affects all instances of that type permanently. You do not need to use it for individual instances. By the time the object is created, it is too late, it may have already collided with something. So you need at least 1 initial instance in the layout (to run the action on), then just disable collisions on start of layout.

Please also note as per the bug report guidelines your project should be as minimal as possible to demonstrate the problem. There are many events in this project not directly related to the problem, which makes it more difficult to debug, since I have to review them and prove that none of those other events are causing the problem that you describe. Normally I will not bother and will just ask for a simpler .capx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your reply Ashley,

I have made the adjustments you have suggested, yet I am still having the same issue. I have stripped down the events to the bare minimum.

In a previous test I did with two square sprites moving towards each other they did pass right through each other as expected with disable collisions on. However in this particular case (expanding circle) the collisions occur, so I have scripted the nova to be an expanding circle. I'm at my wits end and cant see why this is happening.

Cheers,

Juba.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)