Dialog don't reset any more in build 178

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • Problem Description

Problem Description

The dialog bar positions are not reseting when using the "reset dialog" button, even after restart of construct 2.

It used to work before - I discovered that because I used to have 2 monitors, so some dialog boxes are stuck in the missing screen.

Back in the time this "reset dialog" button used to work. It's not the case any more. I've tested it with a simple dialog box too.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

No need a Capx it works with every project

REPRODUCE THE BUG:

• Move a dialog bar (like Project bar)
    • Go to preferences > Reset Dialog (mentionned to reset dialog bar position)
    • Quit Construct 2
    • Launch Construct 2

Observed Result

The dialog bar is at the same place. We can't reach those in a missing screen and you can't use the software.

Expected Result

The dialog bars should be into a default position, all visible on a single screen.

Operating System and Service Pack

WIN 7 64bits

Construct 2 Version ID

build 178

• Thanks, should be fixed in the next beta.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tried to install older versions but the problem remains. Its been now more than 1 month that I can't use the software and stuck on the projects ...

Is there maybe a away to reset the preference by editing or deleting a conf file somewhere ?? <

Please that would be really helpful.

Thanks

• Tried to install older versions but the problem remains. Its been now more than 1 month that I can't use the software and stuck on the projects ...

> Is there maybe a away to reset the preference by editing or deleting a conf file somewhere ?? <

Please that would be really helpful.

Thanks

You should be trying the latest beta to see whether it's solved or not.

• c13303 - yes, did you try r181? Otherwise you can just delete the entire C2 registry key (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scirra\Construct2) and that will have the same effect (but will reset *all* your preferences).

• I did test the latest beta and it didn't work. I'll try the registry thing, thanks

• The registry thing did work. THANKS !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)