"create revolute joint" and z-order

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Problem Description

I have a game with a family of elements with the physics behavior. And one of the objects of this family is an element with 2 "imagePoints" which is used as a "joint". When I run the action "create revolute joint" for each of the two "imagePoints" I realized that the "joints" only work if they are above the other elements, as shown in .capx.

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:2oa41ynf]Bridge_revolute_joint_on_the_fly_3.capx[/attachment:2oa41ynf]

Description of Capx

Viewing the .capx simply click your mouse to activate the physical

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/130 ... index.html

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create a family with physics objects
    • One of the elements will have 2 imagePoints and will be the joint to join the other elements
    • If the "element joint" is below the other elements to be joined the "create revolute joint" does not work

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

W8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

release 191 64bit/steam

ps: I talked by email with Julien explaining the problem, and he advised me to start this topic.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as not a bug: since 'objects' includes both the black and green sprites and the joint object itself. you will also pick the joint object with the system 'pick objects overlapping joint image point' condition. This means it could pick both the joint and the black/green sprite. If more than one object is picked, the 'create joint' action picks an arbitrary one, and this happens to correspond to the Z order (purely by chance). If you try to create a joint to the same object, it fails.

Workaround: create a new family with just the black and green sprites in it, and only pick and create joints to that family.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)