gaweb-studio.com/ph.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Knight animation

2. Create or edit an animation

3. Modify origin or crop

4. Close animation panel

5. Repeat step 1 to 4 many times

Observed result:

C2 crashes randomly when closing the animations panel (most of the time on the second modification.

Expected result:

No crashes

Browsers affected:

Not relevant

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 64 bits

Construct 2 version:

rc139 64bit steam version

Note :

I wanted to try on a steam free version of construct 2 but have no key... Also can't find how to launch the 32 bit version on steam to check if the problem occurs too

Any solutions ?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've edited many of your anims for the past 10 minutes and I can't get it to crash.

Exact, precise steps with a minimum .capx would be better.

BTW I'm using the latest beta - maybe worth trying, see if you still encounter problems.

• Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I found a 100% occurence crash :

1. Open Knight Animation

2. Crop all Idle animation (yeah even if it's already cropped)

3. Close animation (no crash)

4. Close C2 => C2 crashes... (same error as before)

Also, if I only edit 1 frame at a time, close the animation, save, and repopen the animation to edit the next frame, C2 does not crashes.

I'm guessing it might be a hardware problem or driver problem (computer bought in China, maybe some RAM problem ? GeForce GT 555M with latest driver.

I'll try with the beta (hope it works on Steam, it's downloading atm...)

I'll let you know.

• Hi again,

Changed to beta (rc142), problem still occurs.

Actually, the problem does not come from the capx. Here are the step I do to reproduce the crash on my computer with clean capx :

1. Launch C2 and create new project

2. Create new Sprite

3. Import the run frame strip 13x2 (http://www.gaweb-studio.com/run.png)

4. Crop all

5. Set origin on all images to foot

6. Close animation

7. Close C2

Result : C2 crashes. Happens 100% of the time.

If I only change 3 or 4 origines, the problem does not occur.

I tried to removed some RAM and only leave 4Gb out of 16Gb but no change.

I also tried it in safe mode. Problem still occurs.

Here is the event log from windows if it helps :

--------------------------

Faulting application name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5214de10

Faulting module name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5214de10

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000036445c

Faulting process ID: 0x17e8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9fa560083571

Faulting application path: G:\steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Construct2\Construct2-Win64\Construct2.exe

Faulting module path: G:\steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Construct2\Construct2-Win64\Construct2.exe

Report ID: c95d2531-0b98-11e3-bea1-bc7737cb3003

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

--------------------------

If by any chance the developers of C2 read this, might it be possible to get a key for the non Steam version to try this problem on a fresh install ? (I have the Personnal Steam version)

Thanks

• Crashing on close is a known problem for which a bug report has already been filed; closing as duplicate. Please post a new report if you can reliably get a crash in the animation editor which does not involve closing C2 as a step.

• Thanks for the reply.

At the moment, I can edit a full sprite, add as much animation and change them as much as I want. But as soon as I close the animation panel and try to change a property or edit another sprite, C2 will crash. So I just edit one by one and close C2 after each animation edit.

I'm guessing it comes from my computer configuration (since the steps I described first still happens to me but not to others). I need to format it soon anyway so I'll let you know if the problem still persists after a fresh install.

• I really dont undersand why people are buy this broken piece of crap ..a definite time waster..it crashes every frigging minute...the website works better than this broken software.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)