Crash on Load, UIState

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Link to .capx file (required!):https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/122492/Public.zip

Description: Sorry to reopen this, but I have a file attached this time. As soon as it broke I copied this over.

I know this has been discussed, but there is something up with loading UIState and not handling all exceptions. When I load my project, it crashes C2 on load. If I delete all the UIState files, it loads again.

I don't know if this is linked to the age old issue of the app crashing on close.    

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open C2

2. Try and load a project

Observed result:C2 Crashes

Expected result: Loads

Browsers affected: NA

Operating system & service pack: win8, win8.1

Construct 2 version: r143, r142, r141, goes back a few at least.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I cannot open the project because 1) it uses third party plugins and 2) it is missing most of the files (just a .caproj and uistate XML file, no events, layouts, images or anything else). Please re-post with a working .capx that reproduces the problem.

• I ran into this problem on r142. The error said ~"document is empty: [name].uistate.xml. Please check the XML file with a text editor."

The file was unreadable with a text editor. I deleted the uistate files from Event Sheets and Layouts folder. Then it worked.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)